• Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week with some emergency nights or weekends for crisis
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through the organizations core values and service standards:
Conducts individual, couples’, family, and group therapy sessions.
Provides assessments and treatment planning for delivery of therapy and group processes. Provides emergency response and debriefing for individuals and teams affected by trauma in the environment.
Organizes and facilitates physician support groups.
Delivers consultation to physician practices and medical staff services as needed. Acts as a consultant to residency programs and departments within the hospital.
Organizes and facilitates physician retreats regarding pertinent issues.
Teaches continuing medical education (CME) course curriculum. Designs and delivers presentations and workshops.
Serves on planning committees to develop strategies for physician wellbeing and mission integration.
Supports department in all its functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Integrated knowledge of mental health diagnoses, psychotherapy delivery in all modalities and psycho-social assessments
· Excellent public-speaking skills
· Excellent consultation skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Organizational development knowledge
· Research skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Masters Degree in Counseling
· Seven (7) years of experience in direct clinical assessment and psychotherapy delivery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Doctoral Degree in Psychology or related field
· Experience delivering mental health services to physicians
· Organizational development experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid State of Florida Psychology and/or Mental Health Counselor and/or Marriage and Family Counselor license
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
The Staff Psychotherapist assists the Professionalism Director and CMO Physician Experience in the wide range of services offered by the department, including clinical services, retreats, presentations, workshops and research. Particularly responsible for individual, couples’ and group counseling/support offered exclusively to AdventHealth physicians and their families. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.