Location: Valhalla, New York
The Surgery Service Physician Assistant (PA) will provide inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services for trauma, acute care patients, vascular, thoracic, and other general surgical services under the supervision/direction of the attending physicians. The PA will provide direct patient care for a caseload of surgical service patients in collaboration with designated physician.
- Provides patients with medical assistance and counseling on health related problems as directed by the attending physician;
- Takes and records or reviews and interprets the patient's medical and social history;
- Obtains appropriate consent from patients prior to performing procedures;
- Performs physical examinations and assessment;
- Obtains samples and specimens for appropriate laboratory analysis, and reviews results;
- Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapeutic regimens;
- Provides first aid, performs minor surgical procedures, treatment services, and other medical support roles under the supervision of a physician;
- Administers medication and drugs in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Conducts follow-up examinations of patients; Writes orders for diagnostic studies, medications, and referrals to specialists;
- Documents patient charts and maintains detailed records of patient treatment;
- Performs related duties as assigned by the medical staff.
- Assists in OR surgeries as needed
- A current New York State license as a Physician Assistant or eligibility to obtain license.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and ability to prioritize workload
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. For more information, visitWMCHealth.org.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC