All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Employee Referral Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgery Education Coordinator, through education and experience, has advanced knowledge of a specific patient population and uses clinical expertise, critical thinking skills, and theories and models of nursing practice to positively influence patient outcomes. Teaches the use of Nursing Process of Assessment, Planning, Improvement and Evaluation to Surgical Services staff to enable them to provide care to surgical care patients. Provides consultation to influence the interdisciplinary plan of care for patients, enhance the abilities of others, and effect change in the system. Establishes the annual education plan, competencies and CEUs for Surgical Services staff.
The Surgery Education Coordinator serves as an expert resource as demonstrated by participation and leadership in care coordination team meetings, individual consultations re: patient issues, providing education to patients/families/staff/community, and serving on varied hospital/system/community committees.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Teaches the use of the Nursing Process of Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation to provide care to the surgical patient.
· Teaches others how to assess the patient/medical record for information and data about all major physiologic and psychological factors related to care of the patient for a surgical procedure. This includes allergies, skin integrity, ROM, medication hx, previous surgeries, existing pain, understanding of the surgical procedure and other assessments based upon the specific type of surgery.
· Teaches others how to plan for care of the surgery patient using the surgeon preference card as a guide and using the information from the assessment to individualize the care to the patient.
· Teaches associates how to implement care of the surgical patient. Major implementation practices include but are not limited to patient transfer and positioning, use of sterile and aseptic technique, fire and electrical safety, accounting for items used to avoid retained surgical items, universal protocol practices, equipment use and trouble-shooting, documentation of care and communication and coordination of care with all team members.