Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a Psychiatric Technician to join our Canyon View team.
The Psychiatric Technician 1, under supervision of a Registered Nurse, assists in the care of individuals with mental illnesses and or behavioral problems.
- Monitor patient's physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to the Registered Nurse.
- Observes and influences patient's behavior.
- Provides basic care and oversees the safety and security of mental/behavioral health patients under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- May assist patients in participating in recreational activities and in matters of personal hygiene.
- Ensures safe environment of care.
- May take and record measures of patient's general physical conditions, such as vitals, blood sugars, and observations of behaviors per policy and regulation for provision of care.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.