Location: Port Jervis, New York
The CASAC is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned caseload. This position conducts psychosocial evaluations, psychoeducational groups, participates in formulating patient treatment plans in conjunction with other team members and maintains adequate patient records. In addition, the CASAC performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed.
- Creates timely treatment plans and screening evaluations that suit the developmental needs for each patient per OASAS regulations.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessments including clinical impression and plans for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in effective management of emergencies and adjusts established work plans as needed.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Provides education in regards to substance abuse disorders for patient(s) and family members.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work and recognizes transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Protects customer rights confidentiality through written, oral and electronic communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1 year Chemical Dependency experience preferred. CASAC
High School Diploma or equivalency required.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.