Location: Port Jervis, New York
* Sign on Bonus Available*
The Chief Lab Technologist manages and supervises Laboratory staff and operations to ensure that patient testing occurs in a timely and satisfactory manner in designated lab departments: Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, and Urinalysis. This position is responsible for work flow technical and patient issues, acts as a technical consultant for technical and patient issues, and coordinates lab instruments and maintenance. The Chief Medical Technologist is responsible for executing direction from the Administrative Laboratory Director and Medical Director of the Laboratory. The Chief Technologist functions as the technical consultant for the laboratory and serves as the Laboratory Director in his/her absence.
- Manages, supervises, and coordinates all activities related to testing activity within the Clinical Laboratory, ensuring that patient testing meets quality standards and turn-around time expectations.
- Oversees workflow and troubleshoots technical and patient issues that arise during shift. Works with laboratory leadership to improve systems to support the patient testing process, and evaluates departmental needs and makes recommendations to revise testing methodologies and platforms as necessary.
- Delegate's proficiency testing challenges to all techs, responsible for result entry in DOH and CAP database and result review with root cause analysis as needed.
- Ensures the daily review of patient test results and quality reports including tech results log, critical value documentation, overdue logs, reference lab interface results, review of previous 24 hour test results, and temperature checks.
- Ensures and maintains adequate supplies and reagents.
- Delegates work assignments, and, as necessary, reassigns staff to meet changing workload and circumstances.
- Coordinates with LIS and IT to ensure that all appropriate laboratory instrumentation is interfaced.
- Evaluates departmental problems and develops and recommends resolution strategies.
- Ensures the performance of linearity studies, correlations and routine and emergency maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and methodologies as per regulatory requirements.
- Assures quality control and proficiency testing is performed as per policy and is within practice guidelines.
- Functions as a member of the local laboratory leadership team, and coordinates with lab leadership in the identification, implementation, and optimization of patient testing.
- Evaluates training needs and competencies of staff and conducts training accordingly.
- Performs payroll duties, Kronos, for the clinical lab staff, and creates a schedule for lab staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops, writes and maintains appropriate procedure manuals, policies and competency tools. Implements new procedures as approved by Laboratory management.
A minimum of six years relevant professional lab work experience. A valid New York State Education Department License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist; National registration preferred (NCA/ASCP).
Bachelor's degree in laboratory sciences or related degree
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.