Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company's financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the facility as well as possible risks and investments. With a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles, you will provide strategic thinking and effective leadership to guide the business towards profitability and long-term success.
If you are looking for a growth opportunity with a fantastic company and a chance to lead an amazing team of professionals, then we'd like to hear from you!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides overall direction of the Finance functions for separate operating unit(s) to support the achievement of facility and related entities' financial and strategic objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Reports financial performance metrics for assigned facilities.
2. Directs and manages key processes including financial, management and cost reporting and analysis; net revenue modeling; operating and strategic financial planning; annual operating and capital budgeting; decision support and business analysis.
3. Establishes systems to monitor performance and assure all departments are delivering financial goals as committed through the budget. Recommends redistribution of resources when necessary to deliver outcomes.
4. Assures adherence to company financial policies and internal controls, regulatory compliance, and generally accepted accounting principles. Develops and implements financial policies and/or procedures as needed.
5. May direct personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Provides on-going financial education opportunities for staff, department managers and administration, as necessary.
6. May leads teams and models behaviors to improve processes, customer satisfaction, and profitability. Works with department managers and other department personnel to identify financial improvement opportunities through monthly budget variance analysis, studying trended data, comparing benchmark information and reviewing productivity data.
7. Provides financial decision support to assigned operating unit(s) and selected service lines by providing program, payer and service profitability reports and operating and capital investment analysis and forecasting.
8. Ensures the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for operating unit. Primarily supports senior leadership across the operating unit and facility.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Requires a proficiency level typically attained with seven or more years experience in healthcare finance. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Requires ability to prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills. Requires strong interpersonal, leadership and communication/presentation skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master of Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant (MBA/CPA) is highly desirable or equivalent work experience with an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, cost accounting and healthcare reimbursement methodologies. Previous management of professional level staff highly preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.