Community Engagement Studio Manager (Research Service Consultant II)
Requisition # 1909187
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 6 years of experience
The Community Engagement Studio Manager will work within a team of professionals in the Recruitment Innovation Center to oversee and support the implementation of Community Engagement Studios. Community Engagement Studios are a nationally recognized model for engaging patients and community in the process of improving research. This position will work extensively in the areas of community and patient recruitment, as well as research team support and consultation.
Basic Qualification s
Education: Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree preferred in public/community health, human and organization development, social work, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years in the field, and a proven record of accomplishment in community networking and partnership building as well as d emonstrated ability to work with diverse communities of health and human service providers and consumers. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills and a strong background in facilitation. Desirable qualifications include familiarity with the local community and experience in the development and conduct of academic-community partnerships. Candidate must be willing to travel.
Key Functions and Expected Performances
1. Plans and implements Community Engagement Studios, including recruiting community/patient stakeholders, meeting scheduling and logistics, data collection, reporting and follow-up with participants.
2. Actively participates in the Recruitment Innovation Center consultation process including Community Engagement Studio planning calls.
3. Develops and implements social media recruitment plans for community/patient experts by utilizing a multi-tiered and culturally tailored materials and messaging.
4. Identifies and builds professional relationships with local and national community-based organizations that have an interest in building academic-community research partnerships.
5. Performs data collection and reporting for the Recruitment Innovation Center.
Contributes to community and researcher education and outreach activities via collaboration innovation webinars and other forums.
6. Disseminates the Community Engagement Studio model through participation in CTSA regional and local trainings.
7. Facilitates conversations between diverse groups of community/patients and research teams around sensitive topics of health and healthcare.
Department/Unit Summary :
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers. For more information, please visit https://victr.vumc.org/ .
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments.
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1909187
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.