Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies operating through its subsidiary acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 87,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence, and compassion.
Palmetto Summerville Behavioral Health is a 64-bed Residential Treatment Center that offers quality behavioral health services to adolescents aged 7-21 with mental illness, emotional disturbance, and behavioral or conduct issues. We are seeking a full-time Discharge Planner/Group Therapist who is inspired by a challenging and rewarding environment. This individual will:
* Plan and coordinate all activities related to discharge planning.
* Develop and implement a plan of care designed to meet the patient's post hospitalization needs while ensuring continuity of care.
* Initiate contact with referral sources, community mental health care providers, residential or partial hospitalization treatment centers.
* Work with guardians to schedule after-care outpatient appointments.
* Participate in treatment team meetings and facilitate communication and problem solving related to discharge planning.
* Plan and implement group activities for all groups on a weekly basis and complete related documentation.
* Assist other therapists, as needed, to ensure quality of care and implementation of therapeutic services for patients and their families.
* Maintain a small caseload, if needed.
Our professional team is enthusiastic, resourceful, and creative in treating everyone as a guest. Enjoy a great benefits package and generous time off as you join a Fortune 500 leader in the behavioral health field.