JOB PURPOSE OF MISSION: Functions as a member of the treatment team and accepts responsibilities for specifically assigned duties, such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, and assisting with treatment programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
Demonstrates expertise in mental health promotion and maintenance of high quality comprehensive patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of problem solving process as
evidenced through accurate assessment, effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur on the unit and communicating this to the charge nurse along with sharing the process with others when indicated.
- Displays respect for patient's integrity as evidenced by maintenance of confidentiality of patient information, patient privacy and promotion of patient's rights and responsibilities as observed by nurse in charge.
Displays good clinical judgement as evidenced by reporting verbally and in written documentation, all clinically pertinent observations of patients.
Documents in the patient's record in the prescribed format behavior specific observations.
- Performs routine assignments independently. Seeks direction when indicated for unusual or non-routine duties or situations as evidence by asking questions appropriately and promptly, to the designated person.
- Advises appropriate personnel (RN in charge) of situations requiring nursing expertise of technical follow-up as evidenced by promptly and accurately referring questions or situations to the designated person.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of existing policies and procedures (Hospital, Nursing Dept. and Unit) and follow these guidelines in delivery of patient care as evidence by no reported incidents of breeches in policies and procedures.
- Organized time and completion of specific tasks as assigned based on the needs of the patient and the unit, as evidenced through minimal chart deficiencies, accurate documentation, minimal overtime, and completion of duties as observed by RN in charge.
- Exhibits self-motivated behavior in assuming additional responsibility when assigned and as situations indicate, to assure smooth functioning of the unit as evidenced by successful completion of given assignments along with those chosen by the employee as needed.