PART TIME Pharmacy Techs Needed for Evenings/Weekends Quail Run Behavioral Health
Universal Health Services, Inc.
July 21, 2018
QUAIL RUN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
The Pharmacy Technician, under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist or Consulting Pharmacist and within all regulatory rules governing pharmaceutical services, provides for complete pharmaceutical services to the facility.
1.Â Â Appropriately fill and label all drug containers issued to service departments.
2.Â Â Price medication records daily and appropriately charges patient records for pharmaceuticals used.
3.Â Â Deliver patient unit dose medication cassettes to the nursing units.Â
4.Â Â Deliver new medications and pick up new treatment orders from each unit on a regular basis.
5.Â Â Repackage unit dose medications for dispensing when the manufacturer does not provide unit dose packaging.
6.Â Â Fill controlled substance counters for the nursing units.
7.Â Â Check after hours unit dose back up logs and replace the stock after the order is verified by the pharmacist.
8.Â Â Under direct pharmacist supervision, fill orders for inpatient.
9.Â Â Place orders for medications (when necessary) from designated vendors/wholesalers.
10. Perform nursing station inventories and replenishes the stock if needed on a regular basis.
11. Check and price the merchandise received.
12. Coordinate the return of all outdated medications to the appropriate manufacturer or wholesaler.
13. Submit medication invoices for the Pharmacy department purchases as required.
14. Assist in all other distribution, procurement and clinical functions within the pharmacy.
15. Demonstrate appropriate judgment in communicating with physicians/licensed practitioner, nurses and other facility staff.