Swedish Shared Services is looking for a Patient Logistics Coordinator \(0\.9, Nights\) to work in Case Management at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Patient Logistics Coordinator collects information relative to a transfer request and then coordinates all aspects of a patient's transfer in accordance with established department policies and procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Facilitates consultation between referring patient\-care providers and receiving physicians
- Coordinates all communication between necessary staff at referring, receiving facilities, supportive and transportation agencies
- Work in collaboration with multiple departments, physicians, nursing staff, Case management, Social Work, transportation agencies and durable medical equipment vendors
- Partners with Case Management Team facilitating patient placement and managing discharge services that will promote quality outcomes
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two \(2 years\) years job related experience in a healthcare setting\. Preference will be given to those with prior emergency department, critical care, call center experience or MA\-C, EMT certification
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology course, Anatomy and Physiology from accredited school required\. Current staff will be grandfathered in and will have two \(2\) years to obtain a Medical Terminology certificate and successful completion of an Anatomy and Physiology course from an accredited course\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two\-year college or technical school with an emphasis in Health Care preferred
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant or EMT program preferred
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 152254