Providence is calling a Materials Supply Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to distribute supplies and equipment to departments throughout the hospital.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of materials management duties that include receiving, storing and distributing medical/surgical supplies, forms, office supplies and hospital mail
- Prioritize duties to ensure efficiency of work
- Use exceptional customer service and communication skills daily
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in materials management, i.e. warehouse, stock control, and/or computer assisted inventory
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certification in materials management by a professional society
- Similar experience in a hospital or clinical setting
- Experience working with patient care supplies
- Experience using a hand-held inventory scanner and a mechanical hand truck
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 152662