Providence is calling an oncall Psychiatric Care Technician to the Providence Residential Treatment in Anchorage, AK.
The Psychiatric Care Technician will perform a variety of psychiatric duties designed to provide care to acutely ill psychiatric patients. Responsible for performing duties in conformance with both hospital and unit policies and standard operating procedures. The Tech will need to recognize patients' need for care and initiate appropriate action; utilize skills and knowledge in initiating and appropriately guiding patient interaction.
In this position you will:
- Assist clinical staff with patient admissions. Provide assistance to staff and patients depending on clinical or administrative need.
- Accurately observes reports and documents patient behavior; recognizes and indicates significant behavior changes.
- Provide basic patient care under the supervision of the primary caregiver. Assist patients with activities of daily living such as ambulating, nourishment, and community resource coordination. Be responsible for glucose monitoring/checks and vital signs at the discretion of the primary care giver.
- Escort patients within the facility as needed providing transportation via wheelchair or stretcher.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a behavioral health position.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 140598