Providence is calling a Surgical Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is a 1.0 FTE, day shift position.
We are seeking a Surgical Tech to collaborate with an Operating Room (OR) team in providing efficient, safe, cost effective patient care outcomes before, during and after surgery.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Current Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent operating room experience.
- Current National Certified Surgical Technician certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 147187