This position is a full-time Physician located atCentral Alabama Veterans Health Care System assigned to the Mental Health Service Line as a Psychiatrist Inpatient High IntensityPsychiatry Unit (HIPU) Tuskegee. The primary purpose of the position is to provide behavioral health services for Veteran Patients admitted to the inpatient psychiatry service, however services may also be provided in other areas of the medical center.On call services are required. Participation in supervision and teach in support of the psychiatric residency program is also expected.
* Provides general adult psychiatric care, conducting diagnostic evaluations, psychiatric consults, medication management, and individual or group psychotherapy.
* Provides direct clinical supervision of advanced practice nurses or physician assistants and other staff as appropriate.
* Serves a population which consists of male and female Veterans of all ages and common diagnoses include anxiety disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depression and other mood disorders, Substance Use Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and other serious Mental Illnesses, Dementia, and mental disorder related to Traumatic Brain Injuries.
* Establishes professional working relationships with other clinical services providers within the medical center and outlying clinics, provide telephone and e-consult consultations as needed.
* Cooperates with and participate in medical duties in medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review and with other performance improvement activities as directed.
* Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to veterans in need of psychiatric services.
* Documents observations, assessments, and changes in patient condition.
* Provides a full range of psychiatric care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems.
Work Schedule:(8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday) Weekends & Evenings Occasionally Functional Statement Title:000000
FIRST CUTOFF DATE:July 24, 2017 Applications received by the first cutoff date will be referred first. Applications of qualified applicants received after the first cutoff date will be referred to the selecting official once every two weeks until the closing date (July 23, 2018) or a selection is made.
Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Preferred Experience:Board Certification is preferred. However, Board eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Permanent Change of Station Expenses are authorized for this position. The Department of Veteran Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station authorization includes the relocation of a household and travel expenses to new location due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. PCS expenses for non-VA employees are limited. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
Physical Requirements:?, Light to Moderate Lifting (15 - 44 lbs.); Light Carrying (15 lbs. and under);use of fingers; both hands required; Walking(up to 2 hours);Standing (up to 2 hours);Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s): *Resume
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Cover Letter *DD-214 *OF-306 *Other(VA Form 10-2850) *SF-50 *Transcript
1. Resume/CV (Required)
2. VA Form 10-2850, Application For Physicians, Dentist, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors:
4. Most recent Standard form 50 only if claiming former/current federal employment status(Required)
5. DD Form 214 only if claiming veteran status (Required)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1983107.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.